Sunday, May 20, 2012

Let's JUMP!



I had been waiting for a chance to see JUMP performance since 2009! I saw the advertisement on the way to subway station in Busan and since then were curious to see the martial arts performance.

This week I received an offer to see the performance, free ticket from KTO (Korean Tourism Organization), specially given to the members of K-Performance Supporters. JUMP: Comic Martial Arts Performance was held in Busan Citizens Hall on May 19-20, 2012. I chose to see Saturday performance, from 3 to 4.30pm.


JUMP is a combination of various martial arts (Tae kwon do and Tae kyun - which are Korean traditional martial arts), drama and comedy. JUMP mixs the actors' talent in martial arts and acrobatics with the perfect acting. The actors successfully 'wow' the audiences and also make them laugh. This was the reason why I really  want to see JUMP. I was interested to know how the traditional martial arts mixed with interesting scenario and drama can be performed and introduce to audiences. This is obviously a brilliant method to keep the traditional arts alive.


I went there alone since I only request 1 ticket. I came too early, soo when I arrived in Busan Citizens Hall, I saw many people were waiting in front of the building. Some of them exchanging their invitation to tickets, some are waiting in line to purchase tickets. I saw many children -elementary school age- were taking pictures in front of JUMP big poster. Interestingly, when their teacher took the picture, they jumped! Just like the tittle of the performance. :)


I like the performance, especially when seeing them performed their ability in martial arts and acrobatics. Most of all, I love the last scene when all of them together or one-by-one run and jumped with various style across the stage. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment