Sunday, July 10, 2011

Instant noodle - My way or God's way?

One day in Busan, I was so tired and lost my appetite. One thing that I wanted to eat is the instant noodle from Indonesia that we bought at Asian Mart (It's mie goreng Indomie). I asked San's if he wanted to make it for me, and he said yes.

After a while, the fried indomie was ready. The smell was good, but wait....something is strange here. The color looked pale.

"I think the color of this Indomie is different with the one I used to eat in Indonesia " I said to San.

I started to eat it and this time I felt the difference in it's taste.

"I always heard that Indomie taste in Korea and Indonesia is not the same. Now I know that it's true. It's not as delicious as the one in Indonesia. " I said.
"Hm...maybe." He answered.

With that thought in mind, I kept eating the noodle and finished it. When I went to the sink to wash the plate and spoon, I saw something familiar to me next to the sink. The Indomie sauces sachets! The soy sauce, chilli sauce is still there in the sachet. The seasoning powder was still about half of it. What's this??? No wonder the indomie tasted different!

"Why you didn't put the sauces and seasoning on the noodle? That's why the taste is plain. It's not about the difference between Indomie in Korea and Indonesia, but it's because  you didn't use all the sauces." I complained to San.
"Hm...I don't like the sauces. I like it plain. The seasoning is also too salty for me, so I just used half of it." He said.
"What do you say? To whom you cooked the noodle? For you or for me? Why did you use your standard instead of asking me what I want?"

That story always reminds me of our relationship with God. We as human also like to do everything in our way, using our style and what we like; instead of asking our Creator what He wants and what He likes. We often use our logic and assumption that God will love a certain way without faithfully and dilligently seek His guidance. We think God will be happy with our way, and what we do is right. We are so proud of ourself and failed to surrender in God. Let's seek His wisdom! (2 Cor 10:5b, ...we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.)

Romans 11:33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
“Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”
“Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”
For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment