Thursday, March 19, 2009

HIS time is not my time

Hello again....Now I want to share about Dita's visa :)

More than a month ago I finally got the visa to Korea. On the same day after getting my visa, I asked the Korean Embassy in Jakarta about the possibilities for Dita's visa. I was a little bit surprised on that day because they could accept our request for my wife's visa. For your information, the rules is that for accompanying person (wife/husband), the applicant must wait until six months after their husband/wife landed in Korea. So, it's quite weird when they could process our request. Two days later, they informed us that what they need is just a copy of my alien card which I should fax it from Korea.(Alien card is a card for foreigner who stay in Korea for a period of time. I'm still feel ridiculous that I'm an "alien" now....hehe.)

I went early to Korea and hoped that I can get alien card as soon as possible. After two weeks, I got the card and sent it by fax immediately. One day later, Dita called and informed that the Embassy needed one more thing: a notarized calling visa letter from me. What?? What is it again?? They had requested more than a copy of alien card, why? At that moment, the news I wanted to hear was about getting Dita's visa, but it wasn't. What should I do????? God please help us. Show us your way and will. I want to stay together with my wife. As You promised "Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate". It will happen to me, right? I'm so tiny and dumb, hard to understand Your wisdom and way. Please help us.

I was looking information about how to deal with notary matter, etc, and thank's God who showed me the way. I am glad to know some friends God gave me here : Bernardo, Mery, Ev.Bahagia and Roban who always support and help me. They gives me attention, prayer, and also efforts. They're completely my angels that God sent to me :) He also gave Gansanim Ran (PMF's staff - PMF is Pusan Mission for Foreigner which is an organization to help foreigner) who helped and accompanied me to the Notary (also with Ev.Bahagia). It only took 30 minutes (the last minute of office hour on friday...fiuh..) to finish that document, four pages long. What a fast pace compared with my own country to do such things like this. The precious 30 minutes was for translating my letter from English to Korean, waiting for the Notary to make his document completed, and the final stage was signing it then. Thank's to God for this elegant finishing time.


On saturday afternoon, I went to PMF office again to meet Moksanim (our Church's pastor) and discussed about this. One week before he already said to me that he could help by giving recommendation letter for Dita. After seeing the notarized letter, he said that he would do everything he can do on Monday (16/3/2009).


Monday, 16 March 2009............
16.10 Korean time, an SMS came to my handphone....Mery said that she had already sent all my eight pages document by fax. Not to wait another time, I called the Embassy in Jakarta to ask whether they had already accepted my document or not. They said, "Wait, I will take a look........a moment later.....not yet, we didn't accept anything from fax.....how about try to call us 15 minutes later"

Then I was waiting..................15 minutes felt like 15 hours :)
15 minutes later I called them back, and she said, "Ok, you can take your wife's visa on wednesday 2pm".
I was surprised, "What? Are you sure? How about the documents? Do I need to send it to you by mail?".
She replied, "Not necessary, you just can take it on wednesday, no need other documents".

Thank's God for this good news from you. After that, I told everyone (sort in sequence) that have to know about this : Dita, Her mom, Moksanim, Bernardo, Merry, Ev.Bahagia, Roban.
I'm so happy.....................!!!!

It's a very long journey and it made me tired waiting (sometimes) for a long time. Especially from my wife that seemed desperate and sent a "white flag" to surrender...hehe.... (me too sometimes)
I learn a lot from this moment. HIS time is not my time. Even though we have our schedule to force our hope and prayer, HE is still the one, God of time. Trust, depend and enjoy HIM forever, start from today.

(Now I'm waiting for my wife to come to Busan, Korea. Hey honey...come here soon!)

1 comment:

  1. Very encouraged by this entry. Going through the same hopeful struggle. All the best to both of you ya. =) Happy reunion! =)

    Adi & Grace, Singapore

    ReplyDelete